Sunday, October 29, 2017

Staying warm on a cold day

 

Gents,

My caboose was on the train last weekend because the ARCHES caboose group from St. Louis was coming up to ride behind 401 and they had requested two cabooses on the train.  They had reserved both cabooses for the 12:30 trip.  I was Conductor last Saturday and we had a good day, almost 400 for 4 trips.  It rained a little on the first trip but the rest of the day was fine.  Last weekend was the last time for 401 to run this year.  I was scheduled to be Flagman on the train today and when I got to MRM this morning my caboose was still in the consist.  It was cold all day and we didn't have any heat in any of the cars but I did have a coal stove and plenty of coal in my caboose so I thought I would warm things up a little bit.  When the word got out that I had a fire in the stove in my caboose it suddenly got quite poplar. 


Dennis Sloane MRM

No comments:

Post a Comment