Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thank you -- Please share with your teams...



Jason -
 
I received this note from Rob Davis, one of the folks who was on the Vintage Photo Freight that HVRM and the FtWRHS operated on Friday, July 1st.   Nice to hear the good reaction to the efforts of both groups to put on a "good show".
 
Les  

Kelly and Les,

Please share this note with your respective orgainizations.

My son and I had a wonderful time on the July 1st photo charter. Under challenging conditions, the FWRHS and HVRM teams kept spirits up and produced a day that was much better than the weather would suggest. You have our thanks for that.

I also have a handful of thoughts I wanted to share with you (in no particular order):

* It was our first visit to the HVRM. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with your rolling stock collection. You have the makings of one of the finest, if not the finest, vintage frieght consist in North America. Great job!

* The combination of your groups produced something we would gladly return for. When the next #765 charter is planned on the HVRM, just send me the invoice. We will be there!

* Everyone was very gracious to my son... and so many of riders and crew offered encouragement and advice to him. That is priceless. He loves trains. The only question is will he find ways to nurture that interest and become one of the next generation's "young guns?" Days like Friday will go a long way towards that. The irony? I was working with him to make sure he didn't get in anyone's shots. Then guess who manages to put his butt in front of someone's camera? Yep, yours truly.

* Every aspect of the trip was worth the time and money.

Finally, I want your teams to know we appreciate the true effort behind events like these. The time commitment alone is heroic.

Hopefully our digital images will last a lifetime... but we know the memories will.

All the best,

Rob Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment